21. to 25. October 2019: 3rd Training School on Bioinspired Adhesive Hydrogels and Polymers
The Portuguese MC member João F. Mano, Adérito Amaral and Maria Clara Gomes, researchers from the COMPASS Research Group from CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials at the University of Aveiro, invite all interested ENBA members to participate in this Working Group 2 Training School (TS) on bioinspired adhesive polymeric materials that will take place in Aveiro, Portugal, from 21st to 25th October 2019. This workshop will offer theoretical lectures and demonstration sessions on chemical strategies for polymer modification, micro-processing methods, advanced physicochemical characterisation and biological testing approaches. The preparation of polymeric membranes, microparticles and hydrogels for tissue engineering and drug delivery will be mostly explored. It is an occasion to bring together inspired early career researchers to discuss and share knowledge in this topic.
Further details about the TS and scientific programme will be announced soon.
Further details about the TS and scientific programme will be announced .
– To acquire fundamental concepts of bioinspired polymers and polymer-based devices for biomedical applications, particularly, towards the development of adhesive materials;
– To understand significant chemical tools employed to modify polymers and prepare hydrogels;
– To perform relevant polymer characterisation and processing;
– To conduct in vitro assays of the systems developed to evaluate their biological activity.
10 early career investigators have priority for this TS. COST Action CA15216 ensure gender equality.
A EUR 650 travel grant is awarded on a competitive basis to cover travel and accommodation expenses. For further details, please contact the local TS organising committee João Mano or the action chair Janek von Byern.
Deadline for submission: 05/09/2019
Acceptance notification: 13/09/2019
Please use the form below to register fopr this Training School: