10.-11. October 2018 Barcelona (Spain)
The Spanish Action member Daniel Ruiz from the Institut Catala de Nanociencia i Nanotecnologia (ICN2)
will offer this special workshop to relevant ENBA members which have or plan to obtain specific knowledge in this topic. The workshop will focus on:
– Assessment of existing European laboratories and initiatives focusing on catechol-based adhesives and coatings, with a view towards adjusting them for a possible common objective, in a competitive manner with other international initiatives, mainly from the United States and Asia.
– Exchange information and experiences related to the synthesis, characterization and implementation of catechol-based adhesives and coatings.
– Stimulate linkages and relationships with companies and technological centres around Europe.
– Identify appropriate actions required to develop and implement a common European project.
Further details about the TS and planned programme could be found here.
Number of participants:
maximum 10, whereas people with experience on catechols will be favoured. Also Early Career Investigators (ECI, defining careers with less than 8 years from PhD at the time of involvement in the COST Action) have priority for the workshop. COST Action CA15216 will assure gender balance and promote “women in science and technology” as well as people from Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs).
An amount of EUR 650,-/applicant is awarded on competitive basis. This includes EUR 350,- that will cover accommodation, local transport and meal expenses for the workshop. The travel to Barcelona (Spain) and back home is funded with maximum EUR 300. For further details, please ask the WS organiser Daniel Ruiz or contact the Action Chair.
Deadline for submission: 1. August 20018
Selection Result: 8. August 2018
Confirmation by participants: 15. August 2018
Applicants need to provide (2 pages maximum):
– Letter of motivation (which includes current position and research interests)
– Curriculum vitae
Registration (How to apply):
Applications need to be submitted via the following form: